ATI Undergraduate Summer Student Award
The Alberta Transplant Institute is excited to announce the launching of the 2017 ATI Undergraduate Summer Student Award.
There will be up to 5 awards of $1,500/month, for 3-4 months, to be held May-August 2017.
Update: 3 ATI Undergraduate Summer Studentships are being awarded at the U of A this summer.
- Undergraduate students registered in a recognized degree program at the University of Alberta.
- Projects must be related to solid organ or cell transplantation, supervised by an ATI member, and carried out at the University of Alberta. Supervisors must have all necessary ethics approvals in place by the time the project begins.
- Students who receive an ATI Summer Student Award must not hold a summer award from any other source in the year of the award, but are not restricted from applying for multiple awards (e.g., WCHRI, AIHS, ADI, etc.). The student and/or supervisor are responsible for informing the ATI if another summer student award is received for the project. Students who decline the ATI award because of receiving a different award from another source can re-apply for the ATI Summer Student Award in future years, provided they continue to meet the eligibility requirements.
How to Apply, for Students at the University of Alberta
- Students applying for the 2017 ATI Undergraduate Summer Student Award must apply for the AIHS Summer Studentship Program (deadline Feb. 6, 2017), with a transplantation related research proposal that falls within the scope for AIHS. The University of Alberta will review all AIHS applications following the established adjudication criteria, and will share the adjudication results for students applying for the ATI award with the leadership team at the ATI so that ATI award recipients can be identified.
- In addition to submitting their AIHS application through the UofA Undergraduate Research Initiative, students who wish to be considered for the ATI Summer Student Award must also send an email to Dr. Karen Hunter (Karen.email@example.com), including the following information:
Subject line: ATI Undergraduate Summer Student Award Application – firstname lastname
Name and student ID number
Email address and phone number
- Indicate you are applying for the 2017 ATI Undergraduate Summer Student Award; AND
- Give permission for the ATI leadership to receive the adjudication and evaluation results from your AIHS Summer Studentship Program application, for the purpose of identifying ATI Undergraduate Summer Student Award recipients.
“I am applying for the 2017 ATI Summer Student Award. I hereby give permission for my AIHS application and all evaluations/assessments of my AIHS application to be shared with the Alberta Transplant Institute”.
Application emails that do not include a consent statement for your AIHS application evaluation results to be shared with the ATI will be deemed incomplete, and will not be considered for the award.
Download the PDF document for the 2017 ATI Undergraduate Summer Student Award (U of A) here.